|Serving as Crew President can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirementss for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Crew President serves as the youth leader of the crew, he or she is elected by the youth members.
The Crew President is elected by the youth members and is the primary leader of the crew and leads the other officers. The president delegates responsibilities, and with the support of the Advisor, follows up to be sure the jobs have been carried out. He or she leads meetings and activities, and conducts the monthly officers' meetings. The president provides counsel to members who have problems, questions or concerns.
- Serves as youth leader of the crew.
- Implements the crew program in cooperation with officers and members.
- Works closely with Advisors and other adult leaders in the spirit of partnership.
- Represents the crew at Teen Leaders' Council (TLC) meetings and council TLC program planning conference and is available to report to the chartered organization and crew committee.
- Assists the Crew Advisor in conducting the crew officer's seminar.
- Appoints youth chairs for special projects and appoints special crew officers.
- Presents the annual report to the chartered organization at the conclusion of the term of office.
- Assesses on an ongoing basis whether the responsibilities of the officers are being considered and carried out effectively.
- Sets an example by following the rules of the crew.
- Wear the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learn and live by the Venturing Oath and the Venturing Code.
- Approach Venturing and encourages others to approach Venturing in the spirit of fun and enjoyment.
As a Crew Officer:
- Foster and develop an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Work in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor.
- Assist in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Uphold the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensure that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivate the capacity to enjoy life - have fun and explore while leading.
The Crew President is top youth leader in its unit. Other top youth leaders are:
- Senior Patrol Leader - Boy Scouting
- Captain - Varsity Scouting
- Crew President - Venturing
- Boatswain - Sea Scouting
- Post President - Exploring
- Positions of Responsibility
- Venturing Gold Award
- Venturing Silver Award
- Star Rank
- Life Rank
- Eagle Scout Rank