| Crew Historian
The Crew Historian is a special crew officer that collects and preserves memorabilia, press releases, photo, and and other data of historical significance to the crew.
- Collects and preserves memorabilia, press releases, photo, and and other data of historical significance to the crew.
- Maintains information about crew activities and members
- Sets a good example.
- Wears the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learns and lives by the Venturing Oath and the Venturing Code.
- Approaches Venturing in the spirit of fun, and seeks to reflect this spirit while preserving the crew's history.
As a special crew officer:
- Fosters and develops an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Works in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor.
- Assists in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Upholds the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensures that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivates the capacity to enjoy life - have fun and explore while leading.
- The Crew Code and Bylaws of the Venturing crew may stipulate that this position is elected by the crew, or is appointed by the Advisor or President.
- To apply Crew Historian as an Eagle position of responsibility, the Venturer must have earned Life Rank after January 1, 2007.
The Crew Historian is the youth historian leader in its unit. Other youth historian leaders are: