|Serving as Crew Guide can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirementss for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Crew Guide is a special crew officer that serves as an individual mentor for new Venturers, assisting in their understanding of the Venturing program and participation in crew activities.
- Serve as an individual mentor for new Venturers, assisting in their understanding of the Venturing program and participation in crew activities.
- Teach the basic skills of the Venturing crew.
- Counsel individuals Venturers on Venturing challenges.
- Set a good example.
- Wear the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learn and live by the Venturing Oath and the Venturing Code.
- Approach Venturing in the spirit of fun, and seeks to reflect this spirit in the individual mentoring of new Venturers.
As a special crew officer:
- Foster and develop an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Work in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor.
- Assist in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Uphold the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensure that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivate the capacity to enjoy life - have fun and explore while leading.
- The Crew Code and Bylaws of the Venturing crew may stipulate that this position is elected by the crew, is appointed by the Advisor or President, or some combination of these selection methods.
- The Crew Code and Bylaws of the Venturing crew may allow for multiple Crew Guides.
- To apply Crew Guide as an Eagle position of responsibility, the Venturer must have earned Life Rank after January 1, 2007.
The Crew Guide is the youth guide leader in its unit. Other youth guide leaders are:
- Positions of Responsibility
- Venturing Gold Award
- Venturing Silver Award
- Star Rank
- Life Rank
- Eagle Scout Rank