|Serving as Crew Guide can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirementss for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Crew Guide is a special crew officer that serves as an individual mentor for new Venturers, assisting in their understanding of the Venturing program and participation in crew activities.
- Serves as an individual mentor for new Venturers, assisting in their understanding of the Venturing program and participation in crew activities.
- Teaches the basic skills of the Venturing crew.
- Counsels individuals Venturers on Venturing challenges.
- Sets a good example.
- Wears the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learns and lives by the Venturing Oath and the Venturing Code.
- Approaches Venturing in the spirit of fun, and seeks to reflect this spirit in the individual mentoring of new Venturers.
As a special crew officer:
- Fosters and develops an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Works in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor.
- Assists in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Upholds the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensures that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivates the capacity to enjoy life - have fun and explore while leading.
- The Crew Code and Bylaws of the Venturing crew may stipulate that this position is elected by the crew, is appointed by the Advisor or President, or some combination of these selection methods.
- The Crew Code and Bylaws of the Venturing crew may allow for multiple Crew Guides.
- To apply Crew Guide as an Eagle position of responsibility, the Venturer must have earned Life Rank after January 1, 2007.
The Crew Guide is the youth guide leader in its unit. Other youth guide leaders are:
- Positions of Responsibility
- Venturing Gold Award
- Venturing Silver Award
- Star Rank
- Life Rank
- Eagle Scout Rank