|Craftsman has been discontinued. (See Discontinued awards.)|
1. Hand tool safety. - pp.199-200
2. "...construct two different wooden objects... Use a coping saw or jigsaw...Put them together with glue, nails, or screws. Paint or stain them." - pp.200-205
- One project might be a Pinewood Derby car or a Space Derby Rocket if you use a coping saw or jigsaw.
- e-scoutcraft.com has many craft ideas but make sure that you pick wooden objects that require the use of a coping saw or jigsaw and other hand tools.
- Other sites with help in making wooden objects using jigsaws, coping saws and hand tools:
- Video Lessons:
3. Note that no material is specified. Heavy card stock or mat board board could be used to make picture frames. - pp.205-206
4. "Make four useful items using materials other than wood. - pp.206-210 "Useful" means "capable of being put to use." You are not requried to "decorate" the "useful" items you make.
- General Resources
- CubRoundtable: Craftsman Reference Guide
- KISMIF: Craftsman Links
- Bill Smith's Webelos Leader Resources: Craftsman
- Webelos Roundtable Packet: Craftsman
- The Webelos Craftsman Activity Badge can help prepare you for the Boy Scout Woodwork Merit Badge.
|Webelos Den Leader portal|