The Webelos Craftsman Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
- 1. Explain how to safely handle the tools that you will use for this activity badge.
- 2. With adult supervision and using hand tools, construct two different wooden objects you and your Webelos den leader agree on, such as the items listed below. Use a coping saw or jigsaw for these projects. Put them together with glue, nails, or screws. Paint or stain them.
- 3. Make a display stand or box to be used to display a model or an award. Or make a frame for a photo or painting. Use suitable material.
- 4. Make four useful items using materials other than wood that you and your Webelos den leader agree on, such as clay, plastic, leather, metal, paper, rubber, or rope. These should be challenging items and must involve several operations.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Webelos Handbook, 2007 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33452)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Craftsman is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Woodwork Merit Badge
- American Woodworker
- Popular Woodworking
- Absolutely Free Plans
- National Association of Home Builders
- Sawdust Making 101
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters
- Woodworking Tips
- ExpertVillage.com Lesson Videos