|Line 37:||Line 37:|
== See also ==
== See also ==
Revision as of 09:31, November 29, 2008
|Serving as Captain can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
|Varsity Team Captain|
The Varsity Team Captain is the top youth leader of the Varsity Scout team and is equivalent to the Senior Patrol Leader in a Boy Scout troop. Elected by the youth team members, he appoints all youth positions of responsibilities except Cocaptain and Squad Leaders. He implements a balanced Denali Award program, may function as a Program Manager for any field of emphasis, and he alone sets requirements for and awards activity pins.
The Varsity Team Captain is the youth head of the Varsity Scout team. All other youth positions report to him, directly or indirectly. He is elected by the team's youth members as a whole, usually to serve a 6- or 12-month term.
The Varsity Team Captain seeks out and relies on the guidance of the Team Coach. He maintains a positive attitude and encourages others to fulfill their commitments to the team. He strives to be a team builder and recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
- Conducts team meetings under the guidance of the Team Coach.
- Presides at Team Leadership meetings and works with the Team Coach to develop team and activity agendas.
- Select and appoint all youth positions of responsibilities except cocaptains and squad leaders.
- Select and appoints Program Managers and other positions of responsibilities with the approval of the Team Coach. He may serve as primary program manager over any field of emphasis.
- Coordinate activities with the program managers.
- Conduct the annual Program Planning Clinic.
- Set a good example of the ideals of Scouting.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- Implement a balanced Denali Award program with the five fields of emphasis.
- Set requirements and presents at courts of honor for Varsity Scout Activity Pins.
- Conduct or oversee conducting of the Varsity Scout courts of honor.
- Ensure at least one high adventure Big Event experience each year.
- Actively assist team members to earn and receive Eagle Scout Rank, Varsity Scout Letter and Varsity Scout letter bars.
The Captain is top youth leader in its unit. Other top youth leaders are:
- Senior Patrol Leader - Boy Scouting
- Captain - Varsity Scouting
- Crew President - Venturing
- Boatswain - Sea Scouting
- Post President - Exploring
|Varsity Scout portal|