The Troop/Team Bugler should be able to make appropriate bugle calls, as requested, at troop/team activities.
- Make appropriate bugle calls, as requested, at troop/team activities.
- In many troops/teams the Bugler plays a trumpet instead of a bugle.
- Serving as Bugler is a requirement for Bugling Merit Badge.
- Being able to play a bugle or trumpet can be used towards requirement 1 of Music Merit Badge: Sing or play a simple song or hymn chosen by your counselor using good technique, phrasing, tone, rhythm, and dynamics.. Read all the signs and terms of the score.
- Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts or Venturers who are members of bands, drill teams, or drum and bugle corps affiliated with a unit or a local council may also wear the musician badge special insignia. The musician badge is worn on the right sleeve centered just below (1/2 inch) the patrol medallion.
The Bugler is the youth musical leader in its unit. Other youth musical leaders are: