(Difference between revisions)
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
| This is the Boy Scout Troop Bugler position.|
Boy Scouts can earn the Bugling merit badge.
|Serving as Bugler can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star and Life, but not Eagle.|
- Makes appropriate bugle calls, as requested, at troop/team activities.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit
- Serving as Bugler can apply towards positions of responsibility requirements for Star and Life, but not Eagle.
- In many troops/teams the Bugler plays a trumpet instead of a bugle.
- Serving as Bugler is a requirement for Bugling Merit Badge.
- Being able to play a bugle or trumpet can be used towards requirement 1 of Music Merit Badge: Sing or play a simple song or hymn chosen by your counselor using good technique, phrasing, tone, rhythm, and dynamics. Read all the signs and terms of the score.
- Boy Scouts or Venturers who are members of bands, drill teams, or drum and bugle corps affiliated with a unit or a local council may also wear the musician badge special insignia.
The Bugler is the youth musical leader in its unit. Other youth musical leaders are:
|Boy Scout portal|
|Varsity Scout portal|
- 36 BSA Monthly Troop Programs with Troop Meeting Plans (free & online), Printed: Vol I - Vol II - Vol III - Resources
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) - Troop Meeting Planner - Campfire Planner - Resource Survey - Troop Committee Challenge
- Senior Patrol Leaders Handbook - Patrol Leaders Handbook - Scoutmaster Handbook - BSA Nameplates