Special Knots, and Advanced Knots, for Wolf, Bear, Webelos, Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class.
|Names||Bowline, Boling knot (archaic)|
|Typical use||Making a fixed loop in the end of a line.|
|Caveat||Although widely considered a reliable knot, it may not hold when tied in certain materials or loading conditions.|
|Related||Sheet bend, Double bowline, Bowline on a bight, Water bowline, Yosemite bowline, Spanish bowline, Portuguese bowline, Triple bowline, Running bowline|
|— Boy Scout Handbook pp. 148-149|
- Required for
- Make a loop (top to you).
- The rabbit goes out of the hole, around the tree, and back into the hole.
- Lesson Videos
- Wonder How To Video: Bowline Knot - Grog's Animated Knots: Bowline - Grog's Animated Knots: Bowline - Video: Bowline Knots - Video: Bowline Knots
- Wonder How To Video: Running Bowline Knot
- Wonder How To Video: Portugese Bowline Knot
- Wonder How To Video: Spanish Bowline Knot
- Video: Bowline Bend -
- The Bowline is one of the Forty Knots.
- One-Handed Bowline
- See also