|Bookbinding merit badge
|| BSA Advancement ID:
|| new in 1927
|| Replaced by:
|| Graphic Arts
Bookbinding requirements at discontinuation
- Briefly describe the two principal sewing methods of binding or rebinding books by hand; tell when each should be used.
- Make a scrapbook using binder's board and book cloth or a worthy substitute.
- Rebind a book of four or more issues of a magazine, using binder's board and book cloth.
- Do ONE of the following:
- (a) Visit a bindery and make an oral report to your counselor on the observed method of binding a book, pamphlet or magazine.
- (b) Write an article of at least 200 words on bookbinding as a career.
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Bookbinding merit badge had two designs: one with a bookmark and one without.