|Line 49:||Line 49:|
Revision as of 14:23, October 12, 2010
The Boatswain is constantly be in tune with the needs of the Ship and its members. He or she acts as role model, morale officer, confidante and liaison with other persons and institutions. Mariner esprit-de-corps is a major responsibility of the Boatswain.
The Boatswain is the elected youth head of the Sea Scout ship.
|Serving as Boatswain can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
- Able Seaman Rank
- If at all possible the Boatswain should have previously served as an Assistant Crew Leader, a Crew Leader, and the Boatswain's Mate.
- Be available to attend a majority of activities.
- Plan and conduct skills training, practices and competitions.
- Attend Fleet Quarterdeck meetings.
- Plan and conduct Quarterdeck meetings.
- Train the Boatswain's Mate to be Boatswain. Assign the Boatswain's Mate to do as many
tasks as possible so that when the Boatswain's Mate becomes Boatswain, he or she will be ready to train the next Boatswain.
The Boatswain is top youth leader in its unit. Other top youth leaders are:
- Senior Patrol Leader - Boy Scouting
- Captain - Varsity Scouting
- Crew President - Venturing
- Boatswain - Sea Scouting
- Post President - Exploring
- Positions of Responsibility
- Apprentice rank
- Ordinary rank
- Able rank
- Quartermaster Award
- Star Rank
- Life Rank
- Eagle Scout Rank