|Basketry merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||027|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2008|
- While Basketry is fun, it also teaches patience and the importance of reading the directions before you start.
- Note that in 2004, a third basket was added to the requirements. Allow 10-20 hours to complete the three baskets.
- Basketry may now be difficult to complete during summer camp. Consider starting the baskets ahead of time.
- 3a. Save the more difficult square basket for last. Buy a larger kit like the BSA Square Basket so you have more room to work.
- 3b. The Round basket is easier for many than the square basket. Still consider the larger BSA Round Basket kit.
- 3c. Camp Stool: Leave a gap between the reeds the thickness of two reeds so that you will have room for the cross-pieces.
- Consider the BSA Campstool Seat kit.
- Basketry Worksheet → Other Merit Badge Worksheets
- Basketry kits for each project are available at your local Scout Shop or online at ScoutStuff.org and other sites.
- Free patterns are at: http://www.countryseat.com.
- The 301 Rush kit can be used for the campstool requirement but costs about twice as much as the BSA Campstool Seat.
|General Merit Badge information