and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
| This is the Athlete Activity Badge for Webelos Scouts.|
Cub Scouts & Webelos Scouts can also earn the Physical Fitness Belt Loop and Pin.
The Webelos Athlete Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
And do two of these:
| A FREE workbook for Athlete is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to offer all 20 Webelos Activity Badges in as little as 12 months.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
1. Perseverance Character Connection - p. 124
2. Physically and mentally healthy - p. 126 - The Seven Major Components of Physical Fitness An official BSA link
3. Stay physically and mentally healthy - p. 126 - Kid's Health Staying Healthy - Concept of Health
- The weekly Athlete Progress Record is in the Athlete Worksheet.
4. Stretching & warm-up activities - p. 127 The Importance of Warm-up and Cool Down - Lesson Videos: Warm Up
5. Activities - pp. 127-32. This is similar to Tenderfoot #10
5b. BSA: Proper way to do pull-ups - Lesson Videos: Pull-Ups
5c. BSA: Proper way to do push-ups - Lesson Videos: Push-Ups
5d. Standing long jump
5e. Quarter-mile run or walk - Running - Lesson Videos: Running
6. Vertical jump - p. 129
7. 50 yard dash - p. 130 - Running - :Lesson Videos: Running
8. Ride a bike 1 mile - p. 131 - See Cub Scout Bicycling
9. Swim a quarter mile - p. 131 - See Aquanaut
10. Cub Scout Sports Pin for physical fitness.
|— Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide #34299B, p.4 and Cub Scout Leader Book, p. 31-1.|
- General Resources
- CubRoundtable: Athlete 42 page reference guide
- KISMIF: Athlete Links
- Bill Smith's Webelos Leader Resources: Athlete
- Webelos Roundtable Packet: Athlete
- Athlete Requirement 5 is similar to Tenderfoot Requirement 10a & 10b.
- Athlete is preparing you for Athletics, Personal Fitness, and Sports Merit Badges.
- Requirement 5 is similar to Tenderfoot Rank Requirements 10a & 10b
- Cub Scout Sports: Physical Fitness Belt Loop & Pin
- Physical Fitness Award
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- Centers for Disease Control: Fit Family Fit Kids
- Fitness for Kids
- International Food Information Council Foundation
- National Athletic Trainer's Association
- American Council on Exercise
- American Sport Education Program
- Institute for International Sport
- National Youth Sports Safety Foundation
- ExpertVillage Exercise Videos: