The Webelos Athlete Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
- 1. With your parent, guardian, or Webelos den leader, complete the Perseverance Character Connection.
- a. Know: Review the requirements and decide which ones might be more difficult for you to do. Make a plan to complete one of the harder requirements.
- b. Commit: When doing the harder requirement, did you ever feel frustrated or angry? What did perseverance have to do with that? Name another type of task for which you will need to persevere.
- c. Practice: Practice perseverance by following your plan to do that requirement for the Athlete activity badge.
- 2. Explain what it means to be physically and mentally healthy.
- 3. Explain what you as a Webelos Scout can do to stay physically and mentally healthy.
- 4. Every time you work on requirement 5 below, start with at least 5 minutes of stretching warm-up activities.
- 5. Do as many as you can of the following and record your results. Show improvement in all of the activities after 30 days.
- a. Have another person hold your feet down while you do as many curl-ups as you can.
- b. Do as many pull-ups from a bar as you can.
- c. Do as many push-ups from the ground or floor as you can.
- d. Do a standing long jump as far as you can.
- e. Do a quarter-mile run or walk.
And do two of these:
- 6. Do a vertical jump and improve your reach in 30 days.
- 7. Do a 50 yard dash as fast as you can, and show a decrease in time over a 30 day period.
- 8. Ride a bike 1 mile as fast as you can, and show a decrease in time over a 30 day period.
- 9. Swim a quarter mile in a pool or lake as fast as you can, and show a decrease in time over a 30 day period.
- 10. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Sports Physical Fitness pin.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Webelos Handbook, 2007 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33452)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Athlete is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Cub Scout Sports: Physical Fitness Belt Loop & Pin
- Physical Fitness Award
- Requirement 5 is similar to Tenderfoot Rank Requirements 10a & 10b
- Athletics, Personal Fitness, and Sports Merit Badges
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- Centers for Disease Control: Fit Family Fit Kids
- Fitness for Kids
- International Food Information Council Foundation
- National Athletic Trainer's Association
- American Council on Exercise
- American Sport Education Program
- Institute for International Sport
- National Youth Sports Safety Foundation
- ExpertVillage Exercise Videos: