Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
|Assistant Senior Patrol Leader|
The Assistant Senior Patrol Leader is the second highest-ranking youth leader in the troop. He is appointed by the senior patrol leader with the approval of the Scoutmaster. The assistant senior patrol leader acts as the senior patrol leader in the absence of the senior patrol leader or when called upon. He also provides leadership to other youth leaders in the troop. He is appointed by the Senior Patrol Leader under the guidance of the Scoutmaster.
- Helps the senior patrol leader lead meetings and activities.
- Runs the troop in the absence of the senior patrol leader.
- Helps train and supervise the troop scribe, quartermaster, instructor, librarian, historian, and chaplain's aide.
- Serves as a member of the patrol leaders' council.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law
- Show Scout spirit.
- Lends a hand controlling the patrol and building patrol spirit.
- Wears the uniform correctly.
The Assistant Senior Patrol Leader is the second-highest youth leader in its unit. Other second youth leaders are:
- Assistant Senior Patrol Leader - Boy Scouting
- Cocaptain - Varsity Scouting
- Vice President - Administration - Venturing
- Vice President - Program - Venturing
- Boatswain's Mate - Sea Scouting
- Administrative Vice President - Exploring
- Program Vice President - Exploring
|Boy Scout portal|
- Ranks requiring a Positions of Responsibility
- Star Rank #5 "While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or more of the following positions..."
- Life Rank #5 "While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of the positions of responsibility..."
- Eagle Scout Rank #4 "While a Life Scout, serve actively for a period of 6 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility..." (reduced list)
- See also: National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) - a fun, six-day outdoor learning course.
- 36 BSA Monthly Troop Programs with Troop Meeting Plans (free & online), Printed: Vol I - Vol II - Vol III - Resources
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) - Troop Meeting Planner - Campfire Planner - Resource Survey - Troop Committee Challenge
- Senior Patrol Leaders Handbook - Patrol Leaders Handbook - Scoutmaster Handbook - BSA Nameplates