| Assistant Cub Scout Den Leader
The Assistant Cub Scout Den Leader shares the work of the Cub Scout Den Leader and may be called upon to serve as a family contact or record keeper, or to handle other details of den operation. Each den should have at least one assistant den leader, and more if needed. Also see Assistant Webelos Den Leader.
The assistant Cub Scout den leader's responsibilities are to:
- Help the den leader as needed.
- Carry out the duties assigned by the den leader.
- Be ready to fill in for the den leader in case of an emergency.
- Help establish a close working relationship with the den leader and den chief, functioning with them as a den leadership team.
- Complete Cub Scout den leader Fast Start Training and position-specific Basic Leader Training. Attend monthly roundtables.
- Attend Pack Meetings and help as needed.
- Take part in the annual pack program planning conference and pack leaders' meetings.
- Attend the monthly den chief planning meeting for den leaders, assistant den leaders, and den chiefs.
- Work in harmony with other den and pack leaders.
- Support the policies of the BSA.
|| Qualification. Adults citizens, or adult non-citizens who reside within the country, may register with the Boy Scouts of America in any capacity if they agree to abide by the Scout Oath or Promise and the Scout Law, to respect and obey the laws of the United States of America, and to subscribe to the precepts of the Declaration of Religious Principle. All leaders must be 21 years of age or older, except assistant Scoutmasters, assistant den leaders, assistant Cubmasters, assistant Webelos den leaders, and assistant Varsity Scout coaches, who must be 18 or older.
|— Adult Application, No. 524-501A |
PDF (420 KB) (Previous editions obsolete.)
|| Youth Protection training is required for all BSA registered volunteers, regardless of their position. New leaders are required to take Youth Protection training before they submit an application for registration. The certificate of completion for this training must be submitted at the time application is made and before volunteer service with youth begins.
|— BSA Youth Protection training policy
The Assistant Cub Scout Den Leader is recommended by the Cubmaster after consultation with the den leader, parents, and guardians of the Cub Scouts involved, and approved by the pack committee and chartered organization. Registered as an adult leader of the BSA.
Cub Scout Expenses
In one weekend of Popcorn sales or other Fundraising, a Cub Scout can earn enough in his Individual Account for a year of adventures!
- $23 National registration, Boys' Life magazine, and Accident Insurance.
- $20 Program Materials: Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos book, rank patch, neckerchief, and slide.
- ____ Pack Expenses: Each Scout's fair share of Pack recharter, training, fees, equipment, etc.
- ____ Advancement: Awards, Belt Loops, patches, and more.
- ____ Activities: Pinewood Derby, trips, ball games, camping, and much more.
- ____ Camping: Day Camp, Resident Camp and Family Camping.
- ____ Equipment includes Uniforms, sleeping bags, tents, etc.
Cub Scout Den Leader Resources
MeritBadge.Org is your online Scouting University with everything from Getting Started to Bridging:
- Nameplates - Official BSA Name plates for your uniforms.
See the Cub Scout Leader Resources for the Pack Organization Chart and much more.