Assistant Cub Scout Den Leader
|Assistant Cub Scout Den Leader|
The Assistant Cub Scout Den Leader shares the work of the Cub Scout Den Leader and may be called upon to serve as a family contact or record keeper, or to handle other details of den operation. Each den should have at least one assistant den leader, and more if needed.
The assistant Cub Scout den leader's responsibilities are to:
- Help the den leader as needed.
- Carry out the duties assigned by the den leader.
- Be ready to fill in for the den leader in case of an emergency.
- Help establish a close working relationship with the den leader and den chief, functioning with them as a den leadership team.
- Complete Cub Scout den leader Fast Start Training and position-specific Basic Leader Training. Attend monthly roundtables.
- Attend Pack Meetings and help as needed.
- Take part in the annual pack program planning conference and pack leaders' meetings.
- Attend the monthly den chief planning meeting for den leaders, assistant den leaders, and den chiefs.
- Work in harmony with other den and pack leaders.
- Support the policies of the BSA.
- Is at least 18 years old, subscribes to the Declaration of Religious Principle, and agrees to abide by the Scout Oath or Promise and the Scout Law. Possesses the moral, educational, and emotional qualities that the Boy Scouts of America deems necessary to afford positive leadership to youth. Is able to perform the duties assigned by the den leader. Should be able to fill in for the den leader in case of an emergency. Recommended by the Cubmaster after consultation with the den leader, parents, and guardians of the Cub Scouts involved, and approved by the pack committee and chartered organization. Registered as an adult leader of the BSA.
Cub Scout Den Leader Resources
- Welcome, New Den Leader!
- So You're a New Cub Scout Den Leader I Signed Up; What's Next?
- Fast Tracks for Wolf Cub Scouts and Fast Tracks for Bear Cub Scouts: a BSA-produced den meeting plans
- Cub Scouter Award
|New Leader Brochures:|
|Applications & Reports:|
|Medical Exam Forms:||Annual Health and Medical Record 34605||Age-Appropriate Guidelines|