Note: boys may only use these requirements if they had already earned their Webelos badge by June 1, 2015, otherwise they must use the new requirements. Boys who earned their badge by that date may choose to use the old requirements or the new requirements an in either case adventure pins and activity pins may be used interchangeably to satisfy elective requirements, although a boy may not reuse an activity pin used for the Webelos badge.
- Be active in your Webelos den for at least six months since completing the fourth grade (or for at least six months since becoming 10 years old), and earn the Webelos badge.
- Show your knowledge of the requirements to become a Boy Scout by doing all of these:
- Repeat from memory and explain in your own words the Scout Oath or Promise and the 12 points of the Scout Law. Tell how you have practiced them in your everyday life.
- Give and explain the Scout motto, slogan, sign, salute, and handshake.
- Understand the significance of the First Class Scout badge. Know its parts and tell what each stands for.
- Tell how a Boy Scout uniform is different from a Webelos Scout uniform.
- Tie the joining knot (square knot).
- Earn five more activity badges in addition to the three you already earned for the Webelos badge. These must include:
- Artist, Scholar, Showman, Traveler
- At least one from the Technology Group:
- Craftsman, Engineer, Handyman, Scientist
- See page 74 in the Webelos Handbook for the activity badge groups.
- With your Webelos den, visit at least
- one Boy Scout troop meeting and
- one Boy Scout-oriented outdoor activity.
- (If you have already done this when you earned your Outdoorsman activity badge, you may not use the same outing to fulfill requirements for your Arrow of Light Award.)
- Participate in a Webelos overnight campout or day hike.
- (If you have already done this when you earned your Outdoorsman activity badge, you may not use the same outing to fulfill your Arrow of Light Award requirements.)
- After you have completed all five of the above requirements, and after a talk with your Webelos den leader, arrange to visit, with your parent or guardian, a meeting of a Boy Scout troop you think you might like to join. Have a conference with the Scoutmaster.
- Complete the Honesty Character Connection.
- a. Know: Say the Cub Scout Promise to your family. Discuss these questions with them: What is a promise? What does it mean to keep your word? What does it mean to be trustworthy? What does honesty mean?
- b. Commit: Discuss these questions with your family. Why is a promise important? Why is it important for people to trust you when you give your word? When might it be difficult to be truthful? List examples.
- c. Practice: Discuss with a family member why it is important to be trustworthy and honest. How can you do your best to be honest even when it is difficult?
- Be active in your Webelos den for at least six months since completing the fourth grade or for at least six months since becoming 10 years old. (Being active means having good attendance, paying your den dues, and working on den projects.)
- Complete each of the following Arrow of Light required adventures with your den or family:
- a. Building a Better World
- b. Camper
- c. Duty to God in Action
- d. Scouting Adventure
- Complete three Webelos elective adventures of your den or family’s choosing.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide, and earn the Cyber Chip award for your age.
- ↑ If your family does not have Internet access at home AND you do not have ready Internet access at school or another public place or via a mobile device, the Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian.
- For each adventure, the Webelos Scout must complete the requirements as outlined in the Webelos Handbook. Requirement 7 of Bobcat and requirement 4 of Webelos and Arrow of Light are identical. If a Cub Scout earns his Bobcat rank during the same year that he begins working on his Webelos or Arrow of Light rank, he needs to complete the requirement only one time.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Webelos Handbook, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.