| 2005 National Scout Jamboree
|Location:||Fort A. P. Hill, Virginia, USA|
|Dates:||July 25 - August 3, 2005|
The 2005 National Scout Jamboree was the 16th national Scout jamboree of the boy Scouts of America and was held from July 25, 2005 through August 3, 2005 at Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia. Normally, the next jamboree would be held four years afterward in 2009, but the date was changed so that the next jamboree could take place in 2010, the centennial anniversary of Scouting in the United States.
- Over 31,700 Youth attended, making up the 883 jamboree troops present.
- Scouts from 26 Nations attended.
- More than 7,000 adults volunteered to provide support and program services.
- Each jamboree troop is made up of 36 youth, consisting of 4 patrols of 8 scouts, and 4 youth leaders (senior patrol leader, assistant senior patrol leader, quartermaster and scribe) selected from various units in their local council.
- For the 10 day event Caroline County went from the 50th most populated county in Virginia to the 14th.