World Conservation Award (Venturing-Sea Scout)
|This page is about the Venturing/Sea Scout version of the award. For the Cub Scout and Boy Scout/Varsity versions, see the World Conservation Award (Cub Scouting) and World Conservation Award (Boy Scouting) awards.|
| Venturing/Sea Scout|
World Conservation Award
The World Conservation Award provides an opportunity for Scouts to "think globally" and "act locally" to conserve and improve our environment. This program is designed to make youth members aware that all nations are closely related through natural resources, and that we and our world environment are interdependent.
World Conservation Award (Venturing-Sea Scout) requirements
The World Conservation Award is worn on the uniform shirt, centered on the right pocket as a temporary patch. It can also be worn on the back of a merit badge sash. It does not replace the World Crest on the uniform.
- General Resources:
- Conservation Resources: Soil and Water Conservation Merit Badge resources - Conservation and Resource Center - Leave No Trace Center - Wildlife Conservation Society
- Bird Resources: Bird Study Merit Badge resources
- Fish Resources: Fishing Merit Badge Requirement resources - American Fisheries Society
- Insect Resources: Insect Study Merit Badge resources
- Mammal Resources: Mammal Study Merit Badge resources
- Reptile & Amphibian Resources: Reptile and Amphibian Study Merit Badge resources - Frog Songs