and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
|The Webelos Craftsman activity badge helps prepare Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Woodwork merit badge(s).|
The Webelos Craftsman Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
| A FREE workbook for Craftsman is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to offer all 20 Webelos Activity Badges in as little as 12 months.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
1. Hand tool safety. - pp.199-200
2. "...construct two different wooden objects... Use a coping saw or jigsaw...Put them together with glue, nails, or screws. Paint or stain them." - pp.200-205
- One project might be a Pinewood Derby car or a Space Derby Rocket if you use a coping saw or jigsaw.
- e-scoutcraft.com has many craft ideas but make sure that you pick wooden objects that require the use of a coping saw or jigsaw and other hand tools.
- Other sites with help in making wooden objects using jigsaws, coping saws and hand tools:
- Video Lessons:
3. Note that no material is specified. Heavy card stock or mat board board could be used to make picture frames. - pp.205-206
4. "Make four useful items using materials other than wood. - pp.206-210 "Useful" means "capable of being put to use." You are not requried to "decorate" the "useful" items you make.
- General Resources
- CubRoundtable: Craftsman Reference Guide
- KISMIF: Craftsman Links
- Bill Smith's Webelos Leader Resources: Craftsman
- Webelos Roundtable Packet: Craftsman
- The Webelos Craftsman Activity Badge can help prepare you for the Boy Scout Woodwork Merit Badge.
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: American Labor - Automotive Maintenance - Drafting - Farm Mechanics - Graphic Arts - Home Repairs - Painting - Plumbing - Surveying - Truck Transportation - Woodwork
- Webelos Activity Badges: Craftsman - Handyman
|Webelos Den Leader portal|