and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
| This is the Communicator activity badge for Webelos Scouts.|
Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts can also earn the Cub Scout Communicating belt loop and pin.
Boy Scouts can earn the Communications merit badge.
|The Webelos Communicator activity badge helps prepare Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Communications merit badge(s).|
|The Webelos Communicator activity badge options include earning the Computers or Communicating belt loops.|
The Webelos Communicator Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
|Do seven of these:
| A FREE workbook for Communicator is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to offer all 20 Webelos Activity Badges in as little as 12 months.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
1. Body Language - pp. 168-170
2. Presentation resources: - pp. 171-2
- Cub Scout: Communicating Belt Loop & Pin - Webelos: Communicator - Merit Badges: Public Speaking - Communication
- Lesson Videos: ExpertVillage: Giving a Speech - Public Speaking Tips - Public Speaking - Eye Contact - Hand Gestures - Props
4. How we communicate: Communications - Interpersonal Communications - Telecommunications - p. 174
5. A secret code is in the Communicator Workbook - CryptoKids - National Security Agency codes, games, activities - p. 175
6. How books are catalogued - History of Cataloguing - p. 176
8. *Active Listening skills: Wikipedia - How to be an active listener - pp. 177-9
- How to remember what is said: Ten Simple Memory Tricks - Memory Tricks - 12 Memory Tricks
- How to Take Notes - Take Better Notes -
- Video Lesson: How to use Outlook Email
- General Resources
- CubRoundtable: Communicator Reference Guide
- KISMIF: Communicator Links
- Bill Smith's Webelos Leader Resources: Communicator
- Webelos Roundtable Packet: Communicator
- Communicator Requirement 2 can help prepare you for Communications #3.
- Communicator Requirement 4 can help prepare you for Communications #1d.
- Communicator Requirement 7 can help prepare you for Journalism #2
- Communicator Requirement 8 can help prepare you for Communications #5.
- Communicator Requirement 9 can help prepare you for Communications #4 & Disabilities Awareness #3b
- Communicator Requirement 10 can help prepare you for Communications #4 & American Cultures #1c & 3
- Communicator Requirement 11 can help prepare you for Computers #6c & Communications #7a.
- Communicator Requirement 12 can help prepare you for Computers #1
- Communicator Requirement 16 can help prepare you for Communications #9.
Personal Development Awards Personal development-related awards
- Boy Scout merit badges:
- Venturing: Religious and Community Life Bronze Award - TRUST Award - Quest Award - Ranger Award electives: Physical Fitness - Backpacking
- Webelos activity badges: Citizen - Communicator - Family Member -Fitness - Scholar; Other resources: Flag Ceremonies
- Cub Scout belt loops & pins: Citizenship - Communicating - Heritages - Language and Culture - Physical Fitness
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- ExpertVillage Lessons on Giving a Speech (Videos)
- Public Speaking Tips (Videos)
- Outlook Email (Videos)