Venturing Leadership Award
|Venturing Leadership Award|
The Venturing Leadership Award is presented by councils, areas, regions, and the BSA National Council to Venturers and, prior to 2012, adults who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Venturing Code.
- Councils may present two awards per year for up to 50 crews/ships, and one additional recognition per year for each fraction of 25 crews/ships above 50 (e.g., for 51 registered crews/ships, a total of three awards may be presented; for 78 crews/ships, four awards may be presented).
- Areas may present eight awards per year.
- Regions may present eight awards per year.
- National may present eight awards per year.
- At least 50 percent of the recipients of the Venturing Leadership Award at every level must be registered youth members (younger than 21-years old)
Additional Required Elements
- The official nomination form must be used for council, area, region, and national Venturing Leadership Award consideration..
- Attach letters of recommendation from Venturers, Scouters, acquaintances, teachers, place of worship, etc.
- Attach additional sheets, if necessary.
- Nomination form due dates:
- Council—Dates are set by the local council; turn forms in to the local council.
- Area—April 30 to the area Venturing Advisor.
- Region—April 15 to the national service center, Regional Operations Department
- National—April 1 to the national service center, Regional Operations Department
- Council: Medallion suspended from blue and white ribbon, No. 4220; Certificate, No. 33662; Knot, No. 14220
- Area: Medallion suspended from gray and white ribbon, No. 614296 ; Certificate, No. 33662; Knot, No. 14220
- Region: Medallion suspended from green and white ribbon, No. 606782; Certificate, No. 33662; Knot, No. 14220
- National: Medallion suspended from red and white ribbon, No. 4222; Certificate, No. 33662; Knot, No. 14220
Submit the nomination form to the local council office by the date that the local council has set for this award. Review and approval are determined by the council VOA or appointed youth panel approved by the Scout executive. Once approved, awards may be purchased through the National Distribution Center.
Area, Region or National Award
Submit the nomination form to the national office via email with an attachment or via snail mail with a hard copy. The area deadline is April 30, the regional deadline is April 15, and the National deadline is April 1st. Review and approval are determined by a youth panel appointed by the respective level Venturing Advisor. Once approved, awards may be purchased through the National Distribution Center. Region and national nomination forms can be emailed to: [[email protected] [email protected]] OR a hard copy can be mailed to:
- Boy Scouts of America
- Regional Operations, S426
- P.O. Box 152079
- Irving, TX 75015-2079