Old requirements need to remain accessible
I noticed you moved the old requirements out of the Cub Scout ranks. These should remain accessible as there is no requirement to transition on June 1, the requirement is "June 1". . . "or later if they do not run a year-round program" (per the BSA FAQ).
Many Pack's run with the school year and in many places the school year runs into June. For example, my Pack year won't end until the 13th of June, some may go until nearly the end of June or beyond depending on their school year. We won't change to the new requirements until that date.
I would do something with this myself but I just came here for quick check of the requirements and I'm frequently confused by where they transclude from and will have to spend more time than I have right now looking for them.
BTW, your 'leave me a message' button does not work, it links to your old talk page which is not registered to you anymore.--Doug 17:36, June 7, 2015 (EDT)
- Thanks, I'll be able to fix that on Wednesday, probably. I'm at Scout camp now, bad internet. Edit: Doug, you have admin privileges, so you have the right to change them. Just look at the regular page like Wolf Scout and at the bottom of the requirements section it says something like (and, forgive me, this is from memory): "Only an administrator can edit these requirements..." and the word edit is underlined and a link. Click on it and it will take you to the appropriate edit page. BartHumphries 23:49, June 7, 2015 (EDT)
Hi Bart! Thanks for leaving a note on User talk:GoingBatty. I replied there, but wasn't sure you were watching it. Could you please reply to my questions there? Thanks! GoingBatty 20:19, November 1, 2015 (EST)
- Replied there. BartHumphries 03:55, November 3, 2015 (EST)
Thanks for making all the changes I requested. Keep up the great work! GoingBatty 11:01, November 4, 2015 (EST)
Removal of old Webelos Acitvity Pins
Bart, My Webelos are currently using the old program to complete as all current Webelos 2 Scouts can elect to do. Can we please roll back the Webelos pages until at least March when they truly will no longer be relevant & active. I'm going to work on compiling the old program requirements across all ranks for reference, but again, I don't think the Webelos stuff should go until the current cycle is complete as this was offered by BSA and many W2 dens directly reference the wiki here.
Thanks. Dpawlak 10:55, November 17, 2015 (EST)
- You're right, boys who earned the Webelos rank before June 1, 2015 and who are now moving to the Arrow of Light rank may continue earning the old activity pins. Here's a link to the older version of the page: http://meritbadge.org/wiki/index.php?title=Webelos_Scout_Adventures&oldid=31644 I don't believe we need a compilation of the old awards, given that there are, at most, only a few more months that boys may earn them, but feel free to work on that if you'd like. I think time might be better spent making guides and fast plans for the new adventures, since we don't have any yet. We also have no real guidelines or suggestions as to how to teach or learn the new adventures, and links to other websites would probably also be really useful.
- I really don't think just linking to the old version is sufficient. Many users will not know how to find that. The page for Arrow of Light is similarly jumping the gun on removing the old requirements. I'm glad to roll the pages back if you'd like, but felt it might be wiser for you to do it--it seems you made a few other edits in between. This really seems the proper course for now, unless you have another suggestion for making the "still current" requirements accessible. Dpawlak 13:00, November 17, 2015 (EST)
- That works nicely. Cheers, mate. Dpawlak 13:16, November 18, 2015 (EST)
- After poking around a bit, I decided to dive in and do some tidying up. I added some links to the old pins & worksheets so people can find them, and have them noted so they can be removed next March when those items are truly deprecated. I've watched those pages to remind myself to revisit them at that time. Dpawlak 17:22, November 18, 2015 (EST)
- Please remember, only boys who already earned their Webelos badge may still earn those. They're not appropriate for Wolf, Bear, or boys who are working on their Webelos badge. :) BartHumphries 18:21, November 18, 2015 (EST)