(Redirected from Troop guide)
|Serving as Troop Guide can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
- Introduce new Scouts to troop operations.
- Guide new Scouts through early Scouting activities.
- Help set and enforce the tone for good Scout behavior within the troop.
- Ensure older Scouts never harass or bully new Scouts.
- Helps new Scouts earn First Class rank in their first year.
- Coach the patrol leader of the new-Scout patrol on his duties.
- Work with the patrol leader at patrol leaders’ council meetings.
- Attend patrol leaders’ council meetings with the patrol leader of the new-Scout patrol.
- Assist the assistant Scoutmaster with training.
- Coach individuals Scouts on Scouting challenges.
- Sets a good example.
- Wear the Scout uniform correctly.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Show and help develop Scout spirit
- Teach basic Scout skills.
The Troop Guide is the youth guide leader in its unit. Other youth guide leaders are:
|Boy Scout portal|
- Ranks requiring a Positions of Responsibility
- Star Rank #5 "While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or more of the following positions..."
- Life Rank #5 "While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of the positions of responsibility..."
- Eagle Scout Rank #4 "While a Life Scout, serve actively for a period of 6 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility..." (reduced list)
- See also: National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) - a fun, six-day outdoor learning course.
- 36 BSA Monthly Troop Programs with Troop Meeting Plans (free & online), Printed: Vol I - Vol II - Vol III - Resources
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) - Troop Meeting Planner - Campfire Planner - Resource Survey - Troop Committee Challenge
- Senior Patrol Leaders Handbook - Patrol Leaders Handbook - Scoutmaster Handbook - BSA Nameplates