Template:William T. Hornaday Unit Award/req

From MeritBadgeDotOrg

Jump to: navigation, search

Mobile Menus: Cub Scouts - ScoutsBSA - Venturing - Sea Scouts
Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops, Venturing crews and Sea Scout ships are eligible for the award. A unit may either be nominated or apply to their local BSA council for recognition.

  • The unit must plan and carry out at least one environmental / conservation project.
  • At least 60 percent of the registered members in the unit must participate.
  • The scope of the project should be appropriate for the type of unit applying.
  • For a Boy Scout troop, the project is to be equivalent in scope to an Eagle Scout leadership service project.
  • The project must benefit a school, community, religious organization, or BSA property, or fulfill some other public service purpose.
  • The project must be from an approved conservation category:
    • Energy conservation
    • Soil and water conservation
    • Fish and wildlife management
    • Forestry and range management
    • Air and water pollution control
    • Resource recovery (recycling)
    • Hazardous material disposal and management
    • Invasive species control
  • The project must contribute to sound conservation and environmental improvement in the local community, the region, or the nation.

Units to be recognized must complete the Hornaday Unit Award forms and submit them to the local council. The forms are available at the BSA Web site: http://www.scouting.org/awards/hornaday/pdf/award.pdf

Unit award recipients receive the William T. Hornaday Unit Award certificate, No. 21-110.

Source: BSA's Hornaday Awards web page, retrieved 08/21/2018 Please report any issues with this page.

Mobile/PDA Main Menu - FAQ
  Full size MeritBadge.Org
Personal tools