: - - - -
All requirements for the Scout rank must be completed as a member of a troop. If you have already completed these requirements as part of the Webelos Scouting Adventure, simply demonstrate your knowledge or skills to your Scoutmaster, Varsity Scout Coach, or other designated leader after joining the troop.
- 1a. Repeat from memory the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout motto, and Scout slogan. In your own words, explain their meaning.
- 1b. Explain what Scout spirit is. Describe some ways you have shown Scout spirit by practicing the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout motto, and Scout slogan.
- 1c. Demonstrate the Boy Scout sign, salute, and handshake. Explain when they should be used.
- 1d. Describe the First Class Scout badge and tell what each part stands for. Explain the significance of the First Class Scout badge.
- 1e. Repeat from memory the Outdoor Code. In your own words, explain what the Outdoor Code means to you.
- 1f. Repeat from memory the Pledge of Allegiance. In your own words, explain its meaning.
- After attending at least one Boy Scout troop meeting, do the following:
- Knots & ropes
- Demonstrate your knowledge of pocketknife safety.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide and earn the Cyber Chip Award for your grade.
- Since joining the troop and while working on Scout rank, participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 For Varsity Scouts working on Boy Scout requirements, replace “troop” with “team” and “Scoutmaster” with “Varsity Scout Coach.
- ↑ If your family does not have Internet access at home AND you do not have ready Internet access at school or another public place or via a mobile device, the Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your Scoutmaster or Varsity Scout Coach in consultation with your parent or guardian.
Please report any issues with this page.