Template:Cub Scout Hockey/req
: - - - -
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while skating. Demonstrate how to put on all necessary safety equipment. Explain why proper safety equipment is important.
- Spend 30 minutes practicing the skills of hockey: skating, stick handling, passing, shooting, and checking. This may be over two different practice periods.
- Play a game of hockey while on roller skates or hockey skates.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Hockey belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack, school, or community hockey tournament or in a supervised hockey league.
- Participate in a hockey skills development clinic.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of hockey: skating, stick handling, passing, shooting, and checking. This may be over two different practice periods
- Draw the layout of the playing surface for a hockey game including the starting positions of the goalie, three forwards (two wings and a center), and two defenders.
- Demonstrate foul signals. Explain to your den or team why players should avoid fouls.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional hockey game.
- Demonstrate hockey terms (for example, assist, breakaway, deke, draw, pulling the goalie, and so on.) to another team member or adult.
- Learn about a U.S. Olympic hockey team and report what you learn to your den or family.
- Watch an ice resurfacing machine at an ice rink. Report to your den or family about the history of the machine commonly known as the Zamboni and how it is used.
Please report any issues with this page.