Talk:Merit Badge worksheets
| Please familiarize yourself with Help:Talk pages before posting on discussion (a.k.a. talk) pages.|
— Use headings, indentations; and please, always sign (~~~~) your posts. (See Help:Talk pages for details.)
— Ask your Scouting/advancement-related questions on our forums... several Scouters will be happy to help you.
| Please do NOT post about errors, omissions, et al, concerning specific rank or merit badge worksheets here! (Remember, a talk page is specifically for it's respective article.)
Used your example and did the N-Z. EagleForumFan 18:07, December 16, 2007 (EST)
Finished the links. I took out the # sign because it's REALLY hard on over-40 eyes ;-). EagleForumFan 03:51, December 17, 2007 (EST)'
- I put them in a simple table. Design isn't my forte. Please feel free to 'edit mercilessly'.EagleForumFan 03:28, December 19, 2007 (EST)
- Wow. Thanks. I was on vacation for a while these past few days and I come back to see all my work done for me. Great job! --Stranger 10:07, December 22, 2007 (EST)
- per discussion, adding in USScouts links. EagleForumFan 01:39, December 30, 2007 (EST)
- You were using the ones by Craig Lincoln, right? Also, something gone haywire with the Cit. in the Community PDF, can you figure it out? It looks the same as the others on the edit screen. --Stranger 14:22, December 30, 2007 (EST)
- Shows up the same on my screen...EagleForumFan 05:20, January 6, 2008 (EST)
Mr. R's passports
What do you think about adding in "Mr. R's Passports"? They're pretty nice; sort of a condensed worksheet intended to be smaller (4" x 5"). Let me know if you think they'd be a good addition, and I'll put them up (or not). [Mr. R's Passports] EagleForumFan 05:20, January 6, 2008 (EST)
- Decided to put them on the individual pages since they only cover about 20 of the badges. EagleForumFan 01:24, January 25, 2008 (EST)
Merit Badge DVDs Coming Soon
Coming soon you will be able to purchase DVDs with real scouts and real scout masters showing you how to earn your Merit Badge. These DVDs are fun and educational. The series of DVDs is called Build Your Skills Adapted from BSA's Merit Badge Requirements.
The worksheets are completely updated for 2008. Over the past few years, the Boy Scouts of America had updated almost all of the merit badges. Most of the previous worksheets contained wording that did not follow the current BSA requirements. As of March, 2008, all worksheets should now only use the BSA wording. Please email any corrections or suggestions to: Craig
You may have noted that some of the external links were broken or went to requirements that were out of date. Those should all be removed now. If you find any other bad links on any of the merit badge pages, please remove them. If there are external links that are missing from meritbadge.org, we should add them here.
The new worksheets also include many extra materials Scouts need:
- Blank Maps
- Graph paper
- Links to online references
- Over half add free online video lessons
The new worksheets also address formatting issues such as a need for increased line spacing to allow enough room for younger Scouts to write. These changes were made with direction of the site moderators. Milominderbinder2 18:14, March 7, 2008 (EST)
Per the BSA You are expected to meet the requirements as they are stated—no more and no less. You are expected to do exactly what is stated in the requirements.
You really can't stop progress. This all started out as a lowly user's *grins widely* idea saying "Hey, I really wish all those great workbooks from the old site were on this one." All this time later, "this article reflects an official policy of MeritBadgeDotOrg and is protected by an administrative lock." I feel so happy. *grins again, very jokingly* --Stranger 20:11, April 2, 2008 (EDT)
- The old worksheets will not be moved here. Most contained wording that did not follow the BSA requirements. Users must be able to trust that requirements stated here have not been altered, whether the intentions were good or not. — Milominderbinder2 (Sysop) 23:40, April 2, 2008 (EDT)
- I agree, The Reading worksheet from the old site is not very good. For Requirement 4 (spend four hours in service at one of the provided locations) it asks you to describe your experience. As far as I can tell, all you should need is confirmation from the person in charge of you during those four hours, asking you to describe it is adding to the requirements, which no one can do.--Stranger 17:37, April 13, 2008 (EDT)
Worksheets are available on USSSP, too (2008)
- Note: Due to the size of this table, I have moved to its own sub-page; see: Talk:Merit Badge Worksheets/USSSP. —RWSmith (Bureaucrat), 10:37, March 23, 2011 (EDT)
Railroading worksheet error
- → Moved to: Talk:Railroading
Error in link to DOC version of Photography workbook
The link to the DOC version of the Photography merit badge workbook is not correct. http://usscouts.org/mb/worksheets/Photography.doc should be http://usscouts.org/mb/worksheets/Photography.docx nicouds 18:11, June 4, 2013 (EDT)