Talk:Eagle Scout rank
| Please familiarize yourself with Help:Talk pages before posting on discussion (a.k.a. talk) pages.|
— Use headings, indentations; and please, always sign (~~~~) your posts. (See Help:Talk pages for details.)
— Ask your Scouting/advancement-related questions on our forums... several Scouters will be happy to help you.
According to the 2009 printing of the Boy Scout Requirements, bugler is now a qualifying position of responsibility for Eagle Rank. See requirement 4 on page 16 of BSA publication 33216. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Jkb973 (talk • contribs) 14:08, August 9, 2009. (Please, sign and date your posts on talk pages.)
- This was a printing error. Bugler is not a qualifying position of responsibility for Eagle. —RWSmith (Bureaucrat), 15:04, November 2, 2011 (EDT)
Category:Varsity Scout leader recognition awards
Deleted all copy-pasted text from Wikipedia... we shouldn't copy-paste swaths (for lack of a better word) of "information" from Wikipedia; a quote is sometimes acceptable, but must be referenced/cited. Quoting swaths of official BSA info is allowed, per BSA. —RWSmith (Bureaucrat), 12:57, April 28, 2010 (EDT)
Eagle Plan Worksheet
The Eagle Scout Plan document's links don't work in Protected mode. What is the unprotect password? --Proud2b4family 12:32, November 2, 2011 (EDT)
- I assume the creator of this document (Craig Lincoln) didn't want it to be modified (except, of course, for the user-fillable form fields) — hence, the reason he password-protected the document. I'm sorry, but I don't know the password to "unlock" the document's properties. If you could give me an idea of what –exactly– you want to change, I'll see what I can do about making a new one. (See next paragraph.)
- FWIW, with all the changes that are in the new Guide To Advancement, BSA Pub. 33088 (supersedes Advancement Committee – Policies and Procedures), I'll be looking for an updated Eagle Plan Worksheet . —RWSmith (Bureaucrat), 15:04, November 2, 2011 (EDT)
- Workbook title does not have "leadership" in it anymore. It's just "Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook."
- Document number is 512-927. The page lists it as 521-927.
--philpisch 12:08, Jan 10, 2012 (CDT)
New required merit badges
h) will change from "Environmental Science" to "Environmental Science OR Sustainability" upon the summer 2013 release of the Sustainability merit badge. There will be a new m) merit badge on 01 January 2014 -- Cooking will then be required. Note, it will not be a "everyone working on the old requirements may finish under those, new people working on Eagle have to hit the new requirements", if a Scout doesn't finish Eagle by the last day of 2013, the Scout must complete the Cooking merit badge to become an Eagle. 21 merit badges are still required, but another required merit badge isn't being removed. Instead of 12 required and 9 elective for Eagle, the new numbers will be 13 required and 8 elective. See http://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2012/11/01/faqs-about-cooking-and-sustainability-merit-badges/ and http://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2012/10/17/cooking-sustainability-merit-badges-to-become-eagle-required/ BartHumphries 13:00, November 25, 2012 (EST)