The Post Secretary is the record-keeping leader of the post. Elected by the youth post members, he or she works together with the leadership team.
- Serves as the communications officer and, in that position, manages all communications and publicity for the post.
- Maintains post participation and attendance records.
- Handles post correspondence and minutes.
- Coordinates post publicity through local media, post newsletters, and the post’s telephone network.
- Approaches Exploring in a spirit of fun and reflects this spirit in the publicity and communications of the post.
The Secretary is the record-keeping youth leader in its unit. Other record-keeping youth leaders are:
- Scribe - Boy Scouting
- Team Secretary - Varsity Scouting
- Crew Secretary - Venturing
- Yeoman - Sea Scouting
- Secretary - Exploring