|Robotics merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||146|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2011|
|“||Earning the Robotics merit badge requires a Scout to understand how robots move (actuators), sense the environment (sensors), and understand what to do (programming); he should demonstrate robot design in building a robot. You should help ensure that the Scout has sufficiently explored the field of robotics to understand what it is about, and to discover whether this may be a field of interest for him as a career.||”|
| A FREE workbook for Robotics is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Per the BSA: "You should read the merit badge pamphlet on the subject." Pamphlets (books) are at local Scout Shops and online at ScoutStuff.org.
- "Get a signed Merit Badge application from your Scoutmaster." An online, printable Word doc file version is available.
1a. Safety and Health OSHA standards for working with robots
2a. Robotics 101 NASA's Rover Ranch project.
3. Everything There is to Know about Robots
5b. Guidelines for Engineering Notebooks A concise explanation of the recording requirement.
5b. Engineering Notebooks First Tech Challenge Manual, including examples of winning notebook pages.
6b. Robot Events Robotics and Technology in Education's listing of events.
7. Careers in Robotics Includes an overview as well as current openings in the field.
Boys' Life magazine (online)
- Important note: This merit badge will be supported with "official" Robotics merit badge resources at: boyslife.org/robotics
General Merit Badge information
- An Introduction to Merit Badges – how to get started, who chooses the counselor, etc.
- Merit Badge Worksheets & Requirements – with the revision dates, diagrams, charts, checklists, logs, and links you need.
- Merit Badge Application – offers online resources to let you print "Blue Cards," etc.
- Merit Badge FAQ – answers dozens of questions like: Who can be a counselor? Can requirements be added or removed?
- Merit Badges Requiring Prior Approval – Certain requirements need prior approval. Most do not. Here is the list.
- Also see: Most Popular Merit Badges – Merit Badge Policies – Eagle-Required Merit Badges – Merit Badge Days
- Additionally: List of Merit Badges by Field of Study – Merit Badge Pamphlets & Libraries
- Merit Badge Counselors must complete Youth Protection Training, file an Adult Application (and Merit Badge Counselor Information Form); and be approved by the local council. (See the Guide for Merit Badge Counselors for additional details.)