The Post President is the top youth leader of the post. Elected by the youth post members, he or she works together with the leadership team.
The Post President is the youth head of the Exploring post. He or she delegates specific responsibilities to other officers and participants, and encourages and follows up to be sure that their jobs have been carried out.
- Serves as youth leader of the post.
- Implements the post program in cooperation with officers and participants.
- Works closely with Advisors and other adult leaders in a spirit of partnership.
- Represents the post at Learning for Life program planning conferences and is available to report to the participating organization and post committee.
- Assists the post Advisor in conducting the post officers' seminar.
- Appoints youth chairs for special projects and appoints special post officers.
- Presents the annual report to the participating organization at the conclusion of the term of office.
- Assesses frequently whether the responsibilities of the officers are being considered and carried out effectively.
- Approaches Exploring, and encourages others to approach Exploring, in a spirit of fun and enjoyment.
The Post President is top youth leader in its unit. Other top youth leaders are:
- Senior Patrol Leader - Boy Scouting
- Captain - Varsity Scouting
- Crew President - Venturing
- Boatswain - Sea Scouting
- Post President - Exploring