(Redirected from Outdoor code)
The Outdoor Code:
|“|| As an American, I will do my best to—|
Be clean in my outdoor manners
Be careful with fire
Be considerate in the outdoors
- Be clean in my outdoor manners
- I will treat the outdoors as a heritage. I will take care of it for myself and others. I will keep my trash and garbage out of lakes, streams, fields, woods, and roadways.
- Be careful with fire
- I will prevent wildfire. I will build my fires only when and where they are appropriate. When I have finished using a fire, I will make sure it is cold out. I will leave a clean fire ring, or remove all evidence of my fire.
- Be considerate in the outdoors
- I will treat public and private property with respect. I will follow the principles of Leave No Trace for all outdoor activities.
- Be conservation-minded
- I will learn about and practice good conservation of soil, waters, forests, minerals, grasslands, wildlife, and energy. I will urge others to do the same.