(Redirected from Namespaces)
- Articles without a ":" (colon) in their name are located in the "Main", or unamed, namespace. All Scouting-related articles should be located in this namespace. All registered users of this wiki are welcome to create/edit/contribute to articles for the purpose of adding/improving articles. (NOTE: This is not, however, the place to ask questions about Scouting... do that over at MeritBadge.Net.) All other articles/documents/files should be located within their respective namespaces.
When articles are located in any namespace other than main, they are specified as Namespace:Article; i.e. this page is Help:Namespaces.
- Every article has a corresponding discussion, a.k.a. talk, page. This can be used for feedback/comments about the article/subject, or other local notes that another group may want to associate with the page, without modifying the document itself, or for any other additional information to associate with the document. (Note, however, as in the Main namespace, this is not the place to ask questions about Scouting... do that over at MeritBadge.Net.)
- Documentation about working with the wiki software. This could be mirrored from outside sites, or locally written.
- For descriptions of uploaded files. You shouldn't create these directly; they are created when you click the Upload file link in the toolbox.
- Use this namespace to link to uploaded files directly, rather than through the description pages.
- This namespace is reserved for the default system messages. (For Bureaucrat use only; see Help:MediaWiki namespace on meta if your interested in further details.)
- Project (in the case of this wiki, MeritBadgeDotOrg)
- This namespace is for meta-information that is for inclusion or transclusion into multiple documents, such as tags to mark the status of a document.
- For personal notes. Each User has a corresponding user page for their own information. Users can also create subpages, by using a "/" (forward slash) after their name.
- The discussion page on a user's page can be used for leaving messages. If this page is edited, the next time that user logs in they will see a box notifying them that they have new messages.
- Help:Inclusion — Another resource for editors learn about namespaces and inclusion.