and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
|The Webelos Handyman activity badge helps prepare Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Home Repairs merit badge(s).|
The Webelos Handyman Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
| A FREE workbook for Handyman is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to offer all 20 Webelos Activity Badges in as little as 12 months.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
1. Responsibility Character Connection - p. 300
2. Wash a car - p. 302 - Video: Car Detailing - Waxing - Video: Exterior Car Detail Tips
3. Change a tire - p. 303 - Video: How to Change a Car Tire
4. Replace a bulb - p. 304 - 2.e. Video: Check and Replace Lights
5. Check the oil level and tire pressure - p. 305 - Video: Checking Car Motor Oil Level - Video: Checking Car Tire Pressure
6. Make a repair to a bicycle - pp. 306-7 - Bike Maintenance - Bike Tires - Bike Chain - Bike Gears - Bike Handlebars - Bike Brakes - Bike Seat
7. Properly lubricate the chain and crank on a bicycle - p. 308 - Bike Chain - Bike Gears
8. Properly inflate the tires on a bicycle - p. 308 - Bike Tires
9. Change the wheels on a skateboard or pair of inline skates - p. 309
10. Replace a light bulb in a fixture or lamp - p. 310
11. Arrange a storage area for household cleaners and other dangerous materials - p. 310
12. Build a sawhorse or stool to be used around your home - pp. 311-3
13. Help take care of the lawn - p. 314
14. Arrange a storage area - p. 315
15. Clean and properly store hand tools - p. 315
16. Label hand tools or lawn and garden tools - p. 315
17. Put together a toolbox for common repairs - p. 316
- General Resources
- CubRoundtable: Handyman 60 page reference guide- 952 KB)
- KISMIF: Handyman Links
- Bill Smith's Webelos Leader Resources: Handyman
- Webelos Roundtable Packet: Handyman
- The Webelos Handyman Activity Badge is preparing you for home maintneance in Home Repairs Merit Badge.
- The Webelos Handyman Activity Badge is preparing you for car maintenance in Automotive Maintenance and Traffic Safety Merit Badges.
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: American Labor - Automotive Maintenance - Drafting - Farm Mechanics - Graphic Arts - Home Repairs - Painting - Plumbing - Surveying - Truck Transportation - Woodwork
- Webelos Activity Badges: Craftsman - Handyman
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- Ask the Builder
- Creative Homeowner Press
- This Old House Online
- ExpertVillage Online Videos