Cub Scout Tennis Belt Loop & Pin resources include the Cub Scout Tennis Worksheet
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements. Cub Scout Tennis is one of the most rare Belt Loops and Pins ◄ Prev - Next ►
|| The Cub Scout Tennis Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.
Belt Loop and Pin
Tennis Sports Belt Loop
Tennis Sports Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
The Cub Scout Tennis belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Cub Scout Tennis requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of tennis to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing tennis skills.
- Participate in a tennis game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Tennis belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community tennis tournament.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of the equipment needed to play tennis (rackets, balls, shoes, clothing, and court).
- Practice for 30 minutes developing forehand techniques through forehand bump-ups with a bounce, partner bump-ups with a target, forehand alley rally, forehand alley rally over a "net," drop-hit forehand bumps, drop-hit catch in pairs, and toss-hit catch in pairs.
- Practice developing serving skills for 30 minutes.
- Explain to your leader or adult partner how to score in tennis.
- Accurately draw, label, and explain a tennis court layout.
- Play five games of tennis using U.S. Tennis Association rules.
- Participate in a tennis skills development clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional tennis meet.
- Present to your den or family a report on the history of tennis.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply No. 34299)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
- Bear Cub Scout
- 23a. Doubles Tennis is a team sport option.
- 23b. Singles Tennis is an individual sport option.
- Webelos Scout
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Tennis Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Sports and Fitness Awards