| Roller Skating|
Belt Loop and Pin
Roller Skating Sports Belt Loop
Roller Skating Sports Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
Cub Scout Roller Skating requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or inline skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or inline skating.
- Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
- Explain the proper clothing for roller or inline skating.
- Spend at least 30 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises before skating.
- Play a game of roller hockey.
- Learn two new roller skating skills Forward Scissors, Forward Stroking, Crossover, or Squat Skate.
- Participate in a roller or inline skating skill development clinic.
- Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
- Demonstrate how to skate backwards. Skate backwards for five feet.
- Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or inline skates.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2017 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #637685)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Guide to Safe Scouting: Skating Guidelines
- Webelos Scout
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Roller Skating Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Sports and Fitness Awards