Cub Scout Bicycling
|Cub Scout Bicycling has been discontinued. (See Discontinued awards.)|
Belt Loop and Pin
Bicycling Sports Belt Loop
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See Cycling Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Cycling Merit Badge Pamphlet - Bike Safety - Equipment - Skills - Maintenance - Seat - Bike Rodeo
- Belt Loop Requirement Resources
1, 2, 3. Bike Safety
- Pin Requirement Resources
1. The Riding Chart you need is in the Cub Scout Bicycling Worksheet.
2. Bike Rodeo
3. Repair a flat tire on a bicycle.
4. Wikipedia: History of the Bicycle - Pedaling History - Bicycle History
5. Bike Safety
7. A "bicycle hike" is a bike ride of typically less than an hour for Cub Scouts.
8. Repairing: Bike Tires - Bike Chain - Bike Gears - Bike Handlebars - Bike Brakes - Bike Seat
10. Bike Rodeo
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Tiger Elective 37. Take a Bike Hike (bike ride) for Cub Scout Bicycling Pin requirement #7.
- Tiger Elective 38. Visit a bicycle shop to learn how to fix a flat tire for Cub Scout Bicycling Pin requirement #3.
- Wolf Cub Scout
- 9e. Bike safety is the same as Cub Scout Bicycling Belt Loop requirement #1.
- 14a. Know the rules for bike safety...register - See Bicycling Belt Loop requirement #1 & Pin #6
- 14b. Learn to ride a bike... - See Bicycling Belt Loop requirement #3
- 14d. Change a tire on a bicycle... - See Bicycling Pin requirement #3
- 14f. Ride a bike for 1 mile... - See Bicycling Pin requirement #7
- 14g. Plan and take a family bike hike. - See Bicycling Pin requirement #7
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Bicycling Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
|Cub Scout Leader portal|
|Webelos Den Leader portal|