Chartered Organization Representative
| Chartered Organization|
The Chartered Organization Representative (COR) is the direct contact between the unit and the Chartered Organization. This individual is also the organization's contact with the District Committee and the Local Council. The chartered organization representative may become a member of the district committee and is a voting member of the council. If the chartered organization has more than one unit, one representative serves them all. The Chartered Organization Representative appoints the Unit Committee Chair.
The chartered organization representative's responsibilities are to:
- Help select the right leadership for the unit.
- Encourage unit leaders and committee members to take training.
- Promote well-planned unit programs.
- Serve as a liaison between the units and the organization.
- Organize enough units.
- Promote the recruiting of new members.
- See that boys transition from unit to unit.
- Help with the charter renewal.
- Suggest Good Turns for the organization.
- Encourage the unit committee to hold meetings.
- Cultivate organization leaders.
- Encourage outdoor program activities.
- Emphasize advancement and recognition.
- Utilize district help and promote the use of district personnel and materials.
- Use approved unit finance policies.
- Encourage recognition of leaders.
- Cultivate resources to support the organization.
- Represent the organization at the council level.
|— Adult Application, No. 524-501A |
|— BSA Youth Protection training policy|
- 36 BSA Monthly Troop Programs with Troop Meeting Plans (free & online), Printed: Vol I - Vol II - Vol III - Resources
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) - Troop Meeting Planner - Campfire Planner - Resource Survey - Troop Committee Challenge
- Senior Patrol Leaders Handbook - Patrol Leaders Handbook - Scoutmaster Handbook - BSA Nameplates
- Applications: New Unit - Adult Application
- Fundraising, Popcorn, and the importance of Individual Youth Accounts
- Advancement - Advancement Report - First Class-First Year - Advancement Campout - Merit Badge Day - Individual Record
Online or classroom Leader Training
Youth protection (MANDATORY) – every registered adult must be re-certified every two years.
- Fast Start Training – online training you can take right now.
- Leader Specific Training – provides the specialized knowledge a new leader needs.
BSA Online Learning Center Training courses can be completed online at my.Scouting Tools by selecting Home, then My Dashboard.
- Other: This Is Scouting (formerly New Leader Essentials) – Roundtable – University of Scouting – Trainer’s EDGE (formerly Trainer Development Conference)
Outdoor Leader Training
In addition to fulfilling other requirements, some unit leaders need outdoor-specific training.
- Cub Scout Pack: BALOO – To have a Pack camp-out, at least one unit leader must be BALOO trained.
- Webelos Den Leaders: Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders (OWL) – To have a Webelos Den camp-out.
- Scoutmaster & Assistants and Varsity Scout Coach & Assistants: Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills – To have a camp-out.
- Wood Badge – Advanced Leadership skills for Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, Venturing, district and council Scouters.
- Seabadge – Advanced Leadership skills for unit, district and council Sea Scouters.
Other outdoor-related links
|Official Boy Scout Forms & Resources|
|Applications & Reports:||Youth Application||Adult Leader Application||Advancement Report||Uniform Inspections|
|Training Materials:||Youth Protection Training||Safe Swim Defense||Safety Afloat||New Leader|
|Online Training:||Youth Protection Training||Safe Swim Defense||Safety Afloat||New Leader|
|Other Guides:||Boy Scout Requirements||Insignia Guide||Scouting Terminology||Leave No Trace|
|Permit Applications:||Permission Slip||Local Tour Permit||National Tour Permit||Unit Money-Earning|
|Medical Exam Forms:||Annual Health and Medical Record 34605||other forms…|
|New Leader Brochures:|
|Applications & Reports:|
|Medical Exam Forms:||Annual Health and Medical Record 34605||Age-Appropriate Guidelines|