Assistant Webelos Den Leader resources include the Webelos Activity Badge Worksheets,
Webelos Program, Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans, Youth Protection training, Scouting University, and more.
| Assistant Webelos Den Leader
The Assistant Webelos Den Leader shares the work of the Webelos Den Leader and may be called upon to handle various details of den operation. Every Webelos den should have at least one assistant den leader.
The assistant Webelos den leader's responsibilities are to:
- Help the Webelos den leader as needed and carry out the duties assigned by the Webelos den leader. Be ready to fill in for the den leader in case of an emergency.
- Help establish and maintain a close working relationship with the Webelos den leader and Webelos [[den chief], functioning with them as a den leadership team.
- Help establish and maintain good relationships with neighborhood Boy Scout troops into which Webelos Scouts will graduate.
- Complete Webelos den leader Fast Start Training, position-specific Basic Leader Training, and Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders. Attend monthly roundtables.
- Attend monthly Pack Meetings and help as needed.
- Take part in the annual pack program planning conference and monthly pack leaders' meetings.
- Attend the monthly den chief planning meeting for den leaders, assistant den leaders, and den chiefs.
- Support the policies of the BSA.
- Is at least 21 years old, subscribes to the Declaration of Religious Principle, and agrees to abide by the Scout Oath or Promise and the Scout Law. Possesses the moral, educational, and emotional qualities that the Boy Scouts of America deems necessary to afford positive leadership to youth. Is able to perform the duties assigned by the Webelos den leader. Should be able to fill in for the Webelos den leader in case of an emergency. Recommended by the Cubmaster after consultation with the Webelos den leader and parents or guardians of the Webelos Scouts involved, and approved by the pack committee and chartered organization. Registered as an adult leader of the BSA.
Cub Scout Expenses
In one weekend of Popcorn sales or other Fundraising, a Cub Scout can earn enough in his Individual Account for a year of adventures!
- $23 National registration, Boys' Life magazine, and Accident Insurance.
- $20 Program Materials: Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos book, rank patch, neckerchief, and slide.
- ____ Pack Expenses: Each Scout's fair share of Pack recharter, training, fees, equipment, etc.
- ____ Advancement: Awards, Belt Loops, patches, and more.
- ____ Activities: Pinewood Derby, trips, ball games, camping, and much more.
- ____ Camping: Day Camp, Resident Camp and Family Camping.
- ____ Equipment includes Uniforms, sleeping bags, tents, etc.
Webelos Den Leader Resources
MeritBadge.Org is your online Scouting University with everything from Getting Started to Bridging.
- Nameplates - Official BSA Name plates for your uniforms.
See the Cub Scout Leader Resources for the Pack Organization Chart and much more.